Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spring Redux

The interesting thing about journeying to the Frozen Northlands (currently not frozen, at least during the day) is that spring resets itself. You go from irritatingly summer-like conditions in April, and suddenly find that you've jumped backward about three weeks as judged by plants. Its rather fun, since you get to see some of the prettiest foliage TWICE.

On the nursing front, filling out applications, more applications, still MORE applications, including to a freestanding Dialysis clinic, the Big Spiffy Academic Hospital (ee!) the Smaller Local Hospital, and, of course, the Public Health Service. That's the one I REALLY want to come through. The best POSSIBLE outcome would be to go with them for the summer. I just called the recruiter, to ask if they need anything else from me, and am waiting for her to call me back. Fingers, toes, and all other appendages crossed!

In the meantime, I will be helping serve at the festivities marking Commencement at the Law School where my mother works. Good food, and they pay. Could be worse!

Also, recertifying my EMT on May 30! Then I'll be able to get some decent trauma!

1 comment:

Joy@WDDCH said...

Praying you get some calls and soon!