Sunday, April 1, 2012

Coping Skills

Sorry I've been gone for a while, but I'm back now, with a HUGE backlog of posts to write *gulp*

Yesterday the Man-Friend and I were going to search and rescue training. He had agreed that we'd give a ride to a car-less undergrad. Fair enough. We had to collect said Undergrad at Local Pretentious Coffee Shop. At 7am. On a Saturday.

Now, I am not a morning person. I survive my first hour or so of consciousness by drinking caffeinated beverages, not talking and NOT MAKING DECISIONS.

Walk into Pretentious Coffee Shop. Man-Friend capably orders his coffee. Pretentious Coffee Person asks me "and you? what would you like?"

Easy question, right?

Me: Coffee please! Medium!

Pretentious Coffee Person (PCP): Yes, but what kind? We have 32 varieties of coffee, ranging from Columbian to Kenyan, or flavored coffees, or mochas...

Me: ...one that has coffee???

PCP: miss, that's all of them

Me: I DONT KNOW!!!! JUST...COFFEE!!!

Man-Friend, clearly trying not to giggle at this point, stepped in, and ordered something for me. Honestly, before my first cup of caffeine, i dont KNOW the difference between coffees!

Man-Friend: sometimes i wonder how you make life and death decisions at work...

Me: WITH COFFEE, DAMMIT!

1 comment:

Nurse and Hospital Stories said...

"...sometimes i wonder how you make life and death decisions at work..."

haha. With coffee of course, and with an alert brain. Love your answer!

Cheers,
Peny@nurse uniforms