Friday, October 23, 2009

PSYCH!!!

Wednesday was our first day of psych clinical at Hospital Nobody's Ever Heard Of. For the first few weeks I have been assigned to the adolescent unit...which seems to be entirely populated with kids committed for 1. violence and/or 2. sexually inappropriate behavior.

I was propositioned in the first 5 minutes, but apparently I have the Icy Glare of Doom that makes most of the guys back the hell off. I dont really like being touched, so the "stay an arms length away from the patients so they cannot attack you" rule is just fine by me.

I'm already wondering what the hell we're supposed to be doing here...aside from the one REALLY COOL thing we get to do, which is Crisis Descalation class, which involves both verbal AND physical de-escalation, which sounds fun.

No comments: